Past Simple or Continuous
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct past tense.
1. Kim: I hear the lights (*) last night.
were going out
2. Paul: I was watching television at the time. The programme (*) intersting, too. But the electricity (*) on again after about ten minutes. I (*) very much of it.
got /was coming/wasn't missing
was getting/came/wasn't missing
was getting/came/didn't miss
was getting/was coming/didn't miss
3. Ann: Sara (*) down the stairs when the lights went out. She almost (*) over.
was coming/was falling
4. Mary: Tom and I (*) table tennis at the time.
5. Tom: I (*) at my computer. When it (*), I (*) work and (*) to bed.
was working/happenend/stopped/was going
was working/was happneing/stopped/went
Back to Index